The ministries that we helped 1st quarter of 2019…
- Mission Pre-Born – Because of YOUR generous support, Cafe Connections has been able to save approximately 125 babies from being aborted and have enabled Preborn to share the Gospel with mom’s and dad’s who have walked away from abortion as an alternative, and chosen life instead. For more information about Mission Pre-Born, Click Here
- Other – We have also been able to support a local missionary from Pickens who is currently serving in the country of Panama
Ten percent of all proceeds received thru the ministry of Get Up & Go Ministries/Cafe Connections is set aside to help other evangelical ministries intent on sharing the Gospel locally, nationally and internationally. These proceeds are disbursed quarterly.
Some Other Ministries That We Support
- Shoes 4 Water – The shoes are sold in Kenya on the open market. The money raised go to fund the water projects in Kenya each year. We build water wells, storage water tanks, and filtration systems. Water brings economic opportunity to the poor. Children can go to school and women can grow food instead of walking long distances to collect water. In short, water reduces poverty, increases education and brings security for a long life. We then earn the right to share Jesus with the poor. Shoes 4 Water is based in Greenville, South Carolina.
- SHINE Soup Kitchen – Meals are offered to anyone who comes through the door, no questions asked. For some, it is the only meal they will receive on any given day; for others, the meals help alleviate difficult decisions, such as whether to pay the energy bill or buy groceries. The SHINE Soup Kitchen is located in Easley, South Carolina.
- Mercy Multiplied – Mercy Multiplied equips all people to live free and stay free through Jesus Christ. This organization is based in Nashville, Tennessee.
- The Dream Center – The Dream Center of Pickens County is a faith-based, 501(c)(3) non-profit that has been offering assistance to families since May, 2012. A primary focus is a mentoring program for people living in poverty.
- Southern Baptist Disaster Relief – When you’ve seen a disaster on the news in the last 50 years, what you may not have seen is the Southern Baptist Disaster Relief (SBDR) volunteers who were already on the scene—and they remained long after news cameras left town. As the third-largest disaster response team in the nation, this network of state-based volunteers teams does more than just clean up; they bring the healing of Christ to those whose lives have been shattered.
Southern Baptist Disaster Relief
Video Courtesy of North American Mission Board, SBC
- Operation Christmas Child from Samaritans Purse – It all starts with a shoebox gift, packed in Jesus’ Name and full of love and prayer.
Operation Christmas Child
Video Courtesy of Samaritans Purse/Operation Christmas Child